[MPlayer-dev-eng] ffmpeg directrender

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Jul 20 21:44:59 CEST 2002

Hi

On Saturday 20 July 2002 19:25, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've fixed IP/IPB dr in vo_xv, and while doing benchmark, i got problems
> with -vo mga and ffmpeg12.
> I got this check triggered:
>     if(avctx->dr_stride && avctx->dr_stride !=mpi->stride[0]){
>         mp_msg(MSGT_DECVIDEO,MSGL_ERR, "Error: stride changed\n");
>     }
> Probably because B frames are direct rendered (and stride is 32-byte
> aligned due to MGA hw limitation) while I/P frames aren't.
>
> Is there any good reason why stride cannot be changed between frames?
yes, all the functions in ffmpeg get only 1 stride passed (its the same for
src & dst) (motion compensation functions for example) there would be quiet
alot of code which would need to be changed to support different strides,
there is gmc qpelmc halfpel mc and there are averaging version of some of
them then x86 asm & c & some alpha code ...

[...]

Michael