[MPlayer-dev-eng] configure bug / mplayer core on resize

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 19 00:30:51 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > No, unable to detect libpthread.
> >
> > Do you know why? Patch?
>
> This statement is failing:
>
> elif ( cc_check -pthread && $TMPO ) ; then
>
> if I remove the && $TMPO it works.  Im not sure what the && $TMPO is doing
> however. :(

Check if the created binary (filename $TMPO) can be run (ie. runtime linking
also works). You should ckeck configure.log for errors in running $TMPO

> > > If I remove -vop scale it works.  However it used to be you needed -vop
> > > scale or other quicktimes would error out, I'll retry.
> >
> > Hmm. Could you please upload that /tmp/test.mov, so i could try to
> > reproduce? It's most probably swscaler bug (i got strange crashes, most of
> > them disappeared when tried to debug with gdb), -vop bug (should not be, but
> > i've found one at the weekend) or memory corruption in vo_jpeg or decoder.
>
> I cant upload that quicktime :(.  Let me try and get one I can distribute.  is
> there anything else I can give you to help me track it down?  The swscaler bug
> sounds probably, as when I compile with gdb sometimes it cores, sometimes not
> :(.
Try to run it in gdb with njamd (dunno if it exists for bsd, probably yes) or
similar memory allocation/corruption debugger, and show logs.

About the sample file - probably any wideo with similar w*h and using the
same codec can crash it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team