[MPlayer-dev-eng] DR bugreport

Bohdan Horst nexus at hoth.amu.edu.pl
Wed Jul 17 22:16:30 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 09:06:12PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wednesday 17 July 2002 20:23, Bohdan Horst wrote:
> > in my tests  latest changes in vo_xv.c broke DR support for other codecs
> > ..
> >
> > now  -vc divx, divxds, divx4vfw doesn;t work for me :(
> > (with vo_xv from last weekend works fine)
> hmm here all files i tried with x11 and xv with various combinations of -dr
> and -double and various vcs work fine perhaps u could try with a fresh
> mplayer & libavcodec
> and if it fails again then tell me at least what happens (segfault -> gdb) and
> mplayer -v output

i always copy fresh cvs and recompile

this isn;t segfault problem ..

movies plays fine but without "Direct Rendering blabla"

with old vo_xv plays with this message (and plays faster :)

now:
-vc divx, divxds, divx4vfw with -vo x11 plays with DR
-vc divx, divxds, divx4vfw with -vo xv plays without DR (with older
vo_vx works with DR)

ffmpeg works with DR only with -vo xv (and only with divx5 samples)
(with old vo_xv DR works also with divx3,4 but generate funny effects -
like -hardframedrop)

best regards

p.s. maybe new vo_xv doesn;t like my 2M video card ?

--
 / irl:Bohdan 'Nexus' Horst | mailto:nexus at irc.pl | irc:Nexus \