[MPlayer-dev-eng] (yet) another batch of compiler warning fixes

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Jul 14 02:01:29 CEST 2002

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 10:18:52PM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 July 2002, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> [...]
> > Please use my recommended way and replace those ulong by unsigned long all
> > over that file and remove the typedef, IMHO there is no sense of using such
> > non-standard shortcuts.
>
> I don't know about it being non-standard. After all it's defined in
> <sys/types.h> on at least some platforms. I'd sooner say that cygwin
> is non-standard.

IMO, regardless, it's dumb. Using types from sys/types.h makes sense
for getting system specific fixed-size integer types, say a 32bit
integer. However, using something like ulong that's identical to
unsigned long is just gratuitous abbreviation -- and if it has a
chance of breaking on some systems, it's nonsense and should be
removed.

Rich