[MPlayer-dev-eng] KMencoder

Bobby Bingham uhmmmm at ameritech.net
Fri Jul 12 18:27:56 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 12:35:02PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://freshmeat.net/redir/kmencoder/31228/url_bz2/kmencoder.tar.bz2

that link doesn't work for me .. had to check it out from CVS

> did anyone try it ? i have no KDE by hand now.
> it's a frontend to mplayer/mencoder as the freshmeat announcement says.

yes, it seems to work (tried ripping part of a NGE dvd), but it is missing
some nice features.  no postprocessing (deinterlacing !!), no 2-pass, and
the DVD chapter selection needs work.  i changed the dvd title, and it has
support for starting and ending chapter, but wouldn't let me change ending
chapter beyond 1.