[MPlayer-dev-eng] cygwin fix/questions for Xv support (workarounds)

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 12 02:53:04 CEST 2002

For all us cygwin lusers...

Has anyone else installed Xv from the cygwin-utils page and tried to use it with mplayer?  I had to tweak several places to get it to find it, and then to compile it in.  Below is what I had to do, should I make the patches, or is this simple enough w/o it?

1) Getting ./configure to find xv
In configure, the test for _xv has the order wrong for includes/libs.  The following will work (may need it in this order only for cygwin?)
  cc_check -lXv $_ld_x11 $_inc_x11 && _xv=yes

2) When compiling, it has problems with __uint's that are already defined from other files, problem is in including an extra file if Shm is not present.
Wrong order:
#include <sys/ipc.h>
#ifdef HAVE_SHM
Working order:
#ifdef HAVE_SHM
#include <sys/ipc.h>

3) When final linking occurs, it has the order wrong for Xv again, this time in config.mak line 43.
Correct should read (again, may only be for cygwin...)
X_LIB = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lxv -lX11 -lXext

I can make a patch for each of these if warranted, please let me know either way.  More info can always be provided too.

Happy hacking!
/S. Smith