[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS] restructured faq.html

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jul 11 04:00:41 CEST 2002

Hello!

Arpi once mentioned that he dislikes faq.html having a table structure
and I have always agreed.  I thinks it's a little bit of overkill and
errors always creep in when hand editing HTML tables, just scroll to
the bottom of this page:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/main/DOCS/faq.html?rev=1.86&content-type=text/html

So I have restructured the FAQ to a definition list, so every entry
looks like this (the third line creates an empty line between FAQ
entries):

<dt>Q: What does "No such file or directory" mean?</dt>
<dd>A: Probably there is no such file or directory.</dd>
<dd>&nbsp;</dd>

Compare that to:

<TD>&nbsp;&nbsp;</TD><TD VALIGN=top>Q:</TD><TD WIDTH="100%"><B>What does "No such file or directory" mean?
</B></TD><TR><TD></TD><TD VALIGN=top>A:</TD><TD>Probably there is no such file or directory.
</TD><TR><TD COLSPAN=3>&nbsp;</TD><TR>

All questions are set as bold with this CSS snippet:

      dt	{font-weight : bold;}

I believe you will agree that this is much nicer and it does more
closely represent the semantical structure of the document.  I'd like
to apply this, please let me know what you think of it.

Diego

P.S.: This version has lowercase tags.  Since effectively all tags
were changed I figured I might as well go with the nicer lowercase ones
that are easier to transition to XHTML.  Plus, we already have a few
documents in lowercase, so...  But before anybody starts crying bloody
murder, this is also available in UPPERCASE if you feel strongly about
this issue.