[MPlayer-dev-eng] Equalizer and GUI

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Thu Jul 4 03:34:22 CEST 2002

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

> Hali,
>
> uh :) I finished equalizer support for gui, please test this. But i found
> one bug. If i adjust either band to max (15Db), the sound is ...
> misshapen.
>
> And ... volnorm plugin not to help.
>
> Please fix this.
I will, there are more of them.

> Mas.
>
> What the channel name's and order's ? Front Right, Front Left ... ? :)

This is a problem yet to be solved. Anyone with great ideas about this?
I have been thinking of this problem - no good solution. As I see it
there are two ways to solve this:

1. The variable "channels" contains a definition of the sound type
   rather than number of channels, i.e. channels=FRONT_R | FRONT_R | CENTER
   instead of channels = 3. Problem is that with this method it is harder
   to expand - more code to rewrite when there is a new standard.

2. Keep it as it is and try to guess where the sound should go.

I vote for 1.

> Thx.
>
> Pontscho

Cheers,