[MPlayer-dev-eng] Using gettext in MPlayer

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jul 3 13:50:19 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 10:13:29AM +0200, Andras Mohari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw in the -dev-eng archives that there was some discussion about
> using GNU gettext in MPlayer.  I was playing with the 20020620 CVS
> version to add gettext support and now it seems to work.
>
> Before even trying to update it to current CVS and send a patch,
> I'd like to know what you think about it.  I mean, why it'd be
> rejected if I sent it. ;)

IIRC, the discussion about gettext in the archives ended in Arpi et al
deciding gettext wasn't portable enough and they didn't like the
interface, or something, so whoever was working on this stuff was
going to write their own gettext-like code. Read the archives though
-- I may be remembering incorrectly.

Rich