[MPlayer-dev-eng] encoding to huffyuv

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jul 1 15:49:10 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 02:00:44PM +0100, Samuel Liddicott wrote:
> D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > Is there any chance you could hack the list software to just
> > auto-reject all mails with ultralong lines and send an automated error
> > message to the sender explaining that they need to fix their mailer?
>
> Might also trigger on inline patches

IMO it'd be safe to reject email with NO lines or just 1 or 2 lines
meeting the 80 char max. And it should be 80, not 72, to allow for
quoting.

> > That would probably get rid of lots of the lamer-mail on -users too.
> > :-)
>
> Well, there is perl Text::Format as well...
> May as well make machines work for their living by filling in the ugly gaps
> in users faces/(faeces)?.
>
> Can the code below be plugged into the mailing lsit?
>
> use Text::Format;
>
> $format=new Text::Format;
> $format->columns(72);
> $text=$format->format($text);

I would think that could have quite a few unwanted side effects. IMO
it's better to teach users to follow internet standards by rejecting
broken mail rather than trying to fix it for them.

Rich