[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main/libvo vo_x11.c,1.51,1.5Thu Jan 31 02:31:22 2002

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jan 31 02:37:27 CET 2002

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:36:05AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

> > > Because it's "official" name is "YV12 scaler" .. But is there any reason
> > support for packed pixel yuv & BGR32/24 input is planned
> souns good :)
> anyway, most interesting codecs provide yv12, and your scaler does the
> yv12->rgb in the same pass so it's even better :)
> i don't think somebody still use win32 codecs,maybe for wmv7/8...

as i mentioned in another post, the nuppelvideo decoder uses i420
instead of yv12, making it impossible to scale when encoding from
nuv files. is there a reason the nuppelvideo decoder can't output
yv12? granted it might be wasteful to convert when the nuv file is raw
i420 data, but if its rtjpeg encoded, wouldn't it be reasonably easy
to output yv12? i don't just ask this question for the sake of
encoding -- i420 output also displays completely wrong for me on
mga_vid (although it looks fine with xv) on my g200. i'll post a bug
report to mplayer-users when i get a chance.

> anyway, the next thing come in the todod list must be the codecs
> priority setting. and it's default should be set up by ./configure,
> depending on libs detected (libavcodec, divx4, xvid, win32 etc)

if you're interested, i could write a script to generate codecs.conf
at compiletime. do you think it would be better to have a source file
for codecs.conf with directives to handle this sort of preprocessing,
or should such a script just parse codecs.conf as it stands now and
rewrite an output codecs.conf itself?

rich