[MPlayer-dev-eng] Need help with inline assembly

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 30 22:14:56 CET 2002

On Wednesday, 30. January 2002 13:01, Anders Johansson wrote:
>     int x;
>     __asm __volatile("movq %0, %%mm0 \n\t" : :"m"((x)));
>
> If this piece of code is included anywhere (in mplayer.c for example)
> the synchronisation between sound and video disappears (sometimes it
> just crashes).
Maybe a bit more detail, as arpi mentioned you're missing the emms calls, it
is needed to switch back from MMX to FPU mode (because MMX uses the FPU
registers), so simply do all your mmx code and after that do a call to emms
(well look at rest of mplayer code and you'll get the idea), on some K6-2
femms is faster of emms so you might use it for that cpu, although I doubt
it's a big difference.
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos