[MPlayer-dev-eng] xine avi subtitle decoder licensing issue

Guenter Bartsch bartscgr at t-online.de
Wed Jan 30 16:12:36 CET 2002

Hallo mplayer-developers,

there's a little discussion going on on the xine-user mailing list about
the avi subtitle decoder code in xine. Although it's not a 1:1 copy of
your code it's clearly based on MPlayer's subreader.c (don't know which
version, though).

I'd like to settle this as quickly as possible, so my question is: Is it
ok to GPL that code or do you want me to replace
src/libsputext/xine_decoder.c (from the xine-lib package) ?

(it's not a big deal as the code isn't working properly and cannot handle
unicode, so it needs to be worked on anyway)

Cheers - and keep up the good work,

   Guenter

--
time is a funny concept