[MPlayer-dev-eng] "Stitching" Artifact

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Jan 27 04:00:07 CET 2002

Hi team,
	I'm still trying to perfect the SMC codec. Fortunately, I have
some more sample media than before so I can test some more cases. I'm
having a strange bug that I've affectionately termed the stitching
artifact. Sometimes on vertical or horizontal lines in an image, there
appear to be a bunch of evenly-spaced stitches. It's hard to write
this off as a codec bug, though, because it only happens with the x11
target; when I write the frames to PNG files, the stitches don't appear.

	Is there something about the x11 vo target that I should know
about with regard to these artifacts?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson