[MPlayer-dev-eng] fourcc: MP4S

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Fri Jan 25 15:16:19 CET 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 04:10:20PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > MP4S isn't working yet, becouse 'double-demuxing' isn't supported by mplayer
> > now and i think in the (very) near future it will be not supported (Arpi? :)
> Hmm. It requires for mpeg TS support too, so maybe i'll do it in the near
> future (today? :))

Also if you reorganize demuxer code, you should code only-audio support into
it :)) (for only our needs - for developers :)

> I think we should merge the API of stream and demuxer. It sound weird or
> mad, at least not good. Maybe creating a dummy demuxer which calls stream
> layer, and modify all demuxers to call demux layer instead of stream
> could solve the problems. I'll look at it.

Or create a structure named context, and pass this as an unique id with
headers describing which stream layer should be used (and also you can
extend it with anything else in the future). This is the most
clearest way, but it needs lot of work (or not).