[MPlayer-dev-eng] fourcc: MP4S

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Fri Jan 25 14:59:30 CET 2002

Hi folks!

I (re)started to work on QT/MP4 today. The demuxer code is working fine, but
codecs.conf contains some wrong values I think.

Codecs.conf uses MP4S fourcc, also this is wrong. MP4S means mpeg4
multiplexed stream, MP4V means mpeg4 video (codec) and MP4A means audio
(codec).

MP4S isn't working yet, becouse 'double-demuxing' isn't supported by mplayer
now and i think in the (very) near future it will be not supported (Arpi? :)

Should i change the fourcc's or anyone knows this better than me, and
therefore i'm wrong..

Secondly I get only errors with mp4v, with mpeg4ds i can get some crap in the
of the file, FFmpeg's codecs return bad macroblock errors, the windows codecs
just gives black-screen, divx4vfw just segfaults in init and divx4 is produces
some scrap too. (also it's the best i think ;)

FFmpeg:
V:   1.4   21   2%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
Error at MB: 102
Error while decoding frame!

Demuxer log:
--------------
MOV: Track #2:
MOV:  Track header!
MOV:  Media stream!
MOV:   Media header!
MOV:   Media info!
MOV: unknown chunk: dinf 28
MOV:    Sample info!
MOV:     Sample duration table! (68 blocks)
MOV:     Description list! (cnt:1)
MOV:      desc #0: mp4v
MOV:     Sample size table! (entries=112 ss=0) (ver:0,flags:0)
MOV:     Sample->Chunk mapping table!  (3 blocks) (ver:0,flags:0)
MOV:     Chunk offset table! (3 chunks)
MOV: unknown chunk: ctts 528
MOV:     Syncing samples (keyframes) table! (9 entries) (ver:0,flags:0)
MOV:    Video header!
MOV: unknown chunk: hdlr 29
MOV:  Edit atom!
MOV:   Edit list table (0 entries) (ver:0,flags:0)
MOV track: 3 chunks, 112 samples
pts=7440  scale=1000  time=7.440
==> Found video stream: 2
palette_count: 16