[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer audio only == a linux tool to listen asf aThu Jan 24 00:45:16 2002

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 23 23:47:08 CET 2002

Hi,

> Some asf files contain several video streams with different bitrates.
> I figured out a new asf object that contains the differents bitrate of each
> streams. The total of those bitrates are the in the max_bitrate var in the
> ASF_file_header_t struct. I can add some code to parse this "new" struct
> and dump all the bitrates per streams if you are interested in this.
> It will be interesting to see if we can change the bitrate of the stream by
> selecting one shown by the struct. I'm just wondering if it's the real
> meaning of this struct.

yes, i'm interested! implement it, and we'll see how usable.
i have a stream where both mplayer and xine selects the worst bitrate
(33kbit or so - imagine the quality - it looks like a very broken vcd)
while aviplay selects the best one. some people reported that my and xine's
asf codec(!) is buggy and results in broken image :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu