[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: gamma correction (Nick Kurshev)

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed Jan 23 19:02:23 CET 2002

Hello, Dariusz!

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:12:15 +0100 (CET) you wrote:

> > If someone is interesting with this problem - I can tell what he should do to get it working ;)
> tell me.

It's not easy task :(
You should download old gatos's stuff as
cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxvideo.org:/cvs/livid co -kb gatos-ati

There you'll find gfxdump subfolder.
You should hack it and add matrox g400 stuff and g400.reg file.
g400.reg file can be done similar to rage128.reg file.
After that you can dump out matrox's registers under system where you have working
color correction (under X11 or Win98 for example).
when you've perform registers dump you simply should compare your dump with working
color correction and dump of registers of vidix's mga_vid driver.

Let it be your start (g400.reg):

*GROUPS*
PCI	-	PCI/AGP/Bus Control
CFG	-	Chip Config Registers
MISC	-	Miscellaneous
PLL	-	PLL Clock Control
CRTC	-	CRTC
MEM	-	Memory Control
DAC	-	DAC Control
2D	-	2D Engine
3D	-	3D Engine
CAP	MM	Video Capture
OV	MM	Overlay Scaler
MPP	MM	MPP Bus Control
I2C	MM	I2C Bus Control
*REGISTERS*
# access	index	doc	size/	register name		[value mask]
# method		page	group
R128MMR		3D20	X-XX	4 OV	BESCTL
R128MMR		3DC0	X-XX	4 OV	BESGLOBCTL
R128MMR		3D40	X-XX	4 OV	BESLUMACTL

Indeed it's far enough for solving of gamma's problem.