[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio resampling

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Tue Jan 22 03:06:53 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > hmm. is it supposed to work?
> > > just tried for playback 44khz mpeg to DVB (48khz out) and got soem noise and
> > > then a sig11... :(
> > >
> > What soundcard and which driver are you using?
> >

> -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes
>
> so not really soundcard, i write lpcm output to mpeg file.
> (actually it's sent to the DVB card)
>
> it has outburst of 2000 bytes, instead of 2^n like oss. maybe it's the problem.
> i've put some printfs, and saw that play() function is normally called with
> len of 6000 or 8000 bytes.

I am implementing a buffer in ao_plugin to fix this problem (Atmos has
this problem as well), but there is probably an error in the
ao_mpegpes as well otherwise it wouldn't sig11 (I hope :). My guess is
that len isn't truncated properly when the driver is getting too much
or too little data. Are you running the CVS version of ao_mpegps or
have you made changes?

//Anders