[MPlayer-dev-eng] Apple Graphics (SMC) Decoder

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Jan 22 02:53:57 CET 2002

Hi team,
	I'm pleased to announce that the Apple Graphics (SMC) codec that
so many of you have been clamoring for (you have been waiting for this,
right?...:) is ready for public consumption. I didn't say that it's
perfect yet; it still has a bug or 2. However, I only have 1 SMC sample,
and it's grayscale which makes it particularly difficult to discern what
the problem may be. I just know that it doesn't look quite right yet
(compared to XAnim). So, if you have any SMC Quicktime files, please throw
them at MPlayer.

	I've posted a description of the algorithm, as I understand it, at
my CRI site:
  http://www.pcisys.net/~melanson/codecs/
Note that the document is not at v1.0 because I'm not confident that it's
100% accurate yet.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson