[MPlayer-dev-eng] Update of man page, docs and help message is needed

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Jan 21 13:29:56 CET 2002

Hello,

Now the new config/playtree stuff is about ready (I wait for some new bugreport ;-) )
it's time to update the man page/docs/help message to reflect the new command line
structure. Unfortulnaly I'm not able to do this (too bad english). I try to explain :
	mplayer [global option] entry1 [ entry2 ....]
Where global option is any option wich should affect all entries.
An entry is either a group, a filename, an url, a -vcd option, -dvd option or -tv option
containg the on arg in his parameter. Each entry can be followed by option
wich apply only to this entry ( group options can be after the group like for all
entries but also before the first entry of the group). Group create a subtree in the
playtree and can be nested. Exemple :
	mplayer -ao sdl file1 { -framedrop file2 file3 -vo x11 } file4
will play all entries using sdl audio, do framedropping on file2 and file3. X11 video
will be used for file3. The framedrop option could be placed just before file4 and it will
do the same thing.
A few options can be anywere because they are not related to entry. It's
lircconf, gui, nogui, skin, slave, quiet, verbose, v, [-]help and h for mplayer.
For mencoder just verbose and v. Mencoder will only use the first entry, and
ignore the others.

The keys < and > can be used to jump to next/prev entry (this is in the docs
but not in the man page).
The keys HOME and END can be used to jump off from a subtree. In the previous
exemple while playing file2 or file3 HOME will jump to file4 and END to file1 (ie it go up one
level and then to next or prev).
The keys INS/SUPP can be used when you have multiple source for an entry (currently
you can only have this through an asx playlist) to select an other source.

There is also some alias to easily put DVD/VCD/TV in a playlist (also usable on the
command line) :
dvd://x => -dvd x
dvd://   => -dvd 1
vcd://x => -vcd x
vcd://   => -vcd 1
tv://x    => -tv on:channel=x
tv://      => -tv on

And playlist option can also read asx files.

Ok all, should be there, but their is a few troubles with the tv demuxer and the vo drivers
 aa, gl and gl2 wich don't have a proper uninit. If someone could fix them it would be great.

	Albeu