[MPlayer-dev-eng] Next stable?

David Holm dholm at iname.com
Sun Jan 20 08:49:31 CET 2002

> > think unstable = trash my harddrive. (I'm guessing adding the current
> > dxr3 code to 0.60 is totally out of the question)
> I don't like the idea, but maybe. If you want to do it, do it, I'll add
> the fixed mono AC3 support then, and release it as 0.60a or 0.61.
> Were there any other important fixes since 0.60 ?

Here is a patch against current 0.60 to fix dxr3 (note that
libao2/ao_dxr3.c should be removed, I'm not sure whether patch will
remove the file or just zeroing it)
Thank you for doing this, it is really appreciated as I never had time
to make the drivers work before you released 0.60.
As for important fixes, they are numerous, this version of the device
seems to work for everyone, so far no bugreports whatsoever, the 0.60
one performed very bad when it compiled against em8300.
The 0x8 subpic stuff is in this patch (in the vo_dxr3.c), but not the
appropriate changes to mplayer.c. I don't think they should be made,
this is one of those features that those who dare not try a cvs tarball
will have to wait for.
I tried a compilation and linking seemed to work just fine.

> > Another thing that has been nagging me lately. I'd like to use spuenc
> > and the em8300 (dxr3/h+ processor) subpicture processor for overlays
> > when libvo2 is finished. Subpics likes to have a display duration
> libvo2 should be started first.
> btw i don't thik it will ever started, but when i finished the filter layer
> over dec_video, i'll may extend libvo1 a bit (add control() and get_surface()).

Ok, I will see if I can come up with a way of enabling delays (and maybe
even introduce use of spuenc on flag 0x8) for the current version then.
I know I should clean up libmp1e as well, it's on my todo list. Don't
expect it to progress too fast though, it's a tedious and boring task
(at some points). I will likely make minor changes from time to time
instead of just one day releasing a fully cleaned up version of it.

//David Holm