[MPlayer-dev-eng] Next stable?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jan 20 00:23:47 CET 2002

Hi,

> this might sound stupid, but is there a timeframe for the next stable
I wanted to make next release ~ end of january. But as you see the current
status of CVS, now it's really unstable ;(
So don't expect stable releases in next few weeks.

> release? MPlayer 0.60 will NOT compile against the latest dxr3 drivers
> since I have greatly inproved both the driver and the mplayer device
> since then. Most users pick 0.60 over a nightly tarball because they
I know it well.

> think unstable = trash my harddrive. (I'm guessing adding the current
> dxr3 code to 0.60 is totally out of the question)
I don't like the idea, but maybe. If you want to do it, do it, I'll add
the fixed mono AC3 support then, and release it as 0.60a or 0.61.
Were there any other important fixes since 0.60 ?

> Another thing that has been nagging me lately. I'd like to use spuenc
> and the em8300 (dxr3/h+ processor) subpicture processor for overlays
> when libvo2 is finished. Subpics likes to have a display duration
libvo2 should be started first.
btw i don't thik it will ever started, but when i finished the filter layer
over dec_video, i'll may extend libvo1 a bit (add control() and get_surface()).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu