[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer Profiling

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sat Jan 19 18:14:15 CET 2002

Hi team,
	I've been playing with the profiling support in MPlayer. I never
even knew about the time stamp counter before. Pretty spiffy. A few
questions:

1) Is the time stamp counter part of a process' context, so that
context-switching can't mess with it?

2) In MPlayer, is there a configure switch that's supposed to enable
profiling support? The macros only work if the ARCH_X86 and
ENABLE_PROFILING symbols are defined, but there aren't any configure
switches that use the ENABLE_PROFILING symbol, not even the
--enable-profile option. In the meantime, I've been #define'ing the symbol
before including my_profile.h.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson