[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch confirmation : Splitting config in each modules

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sat Jan 19 17:22:22 CET 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:08:08 +0200 (CEST)
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > But now it ONLY works if you place non-global options BEFORE the filename.
> > > users don't know (and don't want to accept) this, neither us.
> > > Please don't change mplayer behaviour, it just make trouble, much more than
> > > profit!!!
> > 	I always said global options (those with the CONF_GLOBAL flag) can be
> > 	anywhere. I perhaps forgot one or two. currentlly it include lircconf,
> > 	gui, nogui, skin, slave, quiet, verbose, v, [-]help and h for mplayer.
> > 	For mencoder just verbose and v.
>
> I know. But i'm talking about non-global options.
	Sorry it's me who misunderstand

> > 	Perhaps you misunderstand (because of my funky english) when I said that
> > 	if an options is causing trouble putting it before the first filename will generally
> > 	fix the issue. I don't want it stay so, I just said this to help other continue using
> > 	the options they need until the problem is fixed.
>
> So it's a still-there bug ? When it will be fixed?
	ASAP ;)

> > > Just imagine, if we replace space and enter keys on a keyboard. Maybe it's
> > > better for us, as we can use the big button for space and teh long one at
> > > middle for enter. But 98% of users would kill us!
> > 	Sure !!!!!!
> > > Now the same happened with mplayer...
> > 	I'd like to see exactly what you are talking about (ie an option combo
> > 	wich don't behave as you excpected).
> mplayer filename [some non-global options]
	Soory I never saw this, please send an mplayer output, or at least a
	command line to try. Do you really think I dare to send something
	that don't work with any non-global option after a filename.

> > > It's better not to imagine what would happen if we make a release now :(
> > 	A release have just happended, you don't want to make release all
> > 	2 week, don't you ;).
> i wanted to do at end of january.
> lots of fixes went into the cvs, and 0.60 is getting outdated.
> but nowdays cvs is getting messy, doesn't compile for hours and has lots of
> bugs. it is NOT good.
	Yes, your right it was not the time for something like I send.

> > > Btw, -slang/-alang are broken, and i'm sure it's because of your config
> > > mods. they actually modifies the values of -aid/-vid options, so maybe your
> > > config stuff overwrites it.
> > 	I don't have a DVD drive, nor a TV card and not any VCD, so for all this
> > 	three things I can't do very much testing (especially for DVD).
> > 	Perhaps somebody is willing to give me DVD drive ;-).
> > 	Anyway I have a fix wich _should_ work but I CAN'T TEST IT.
> send patch, Gabu will check
	It's come

> > > Please fix these ASAP ((TM) D.Holm) because of everyone is angry including me.
> > 	I fell very sorry.
> > > And keep reading -users list, there are lots of bugreports about this.
> > 	I saw one about alang/slang but I can't really undestand why it's caused by
> > 	my code (possible). Looking at the user's log he just use -dvd x some_options
> > 	and in this case my code simply don't tuch the options values.
> I said above: -alang/-slang emulates -aid/-sid options. Maybe your config
> value save/restore stuff overwrites it.
	But alang/slang overwrite aid/sid only after opening the demuxer, so
	far after my code touch the options and if the user don't give any
	aid/sid it will not touch them. That's why I don't understand, if it was
	for the 2° or 3° entry of the list I understand. But in this case not.

> btw, -benchmark -frames x  is broken too.
	Benchmark is fixed for some days, I look on frames it should be fixed today

> > > Some people asked me to simply reverse the patch. I don't want to do it, but
> > > at worst case i WILL do it :(
> > 	Please no, I keep working very much on this stuff.
> > > I should have test it more before commiting (and you too, of course), so
> > > it's my fault too. Sorry.
> > 	It's more mine because I should have putted all this stuff in conditional
> > 	compile from the beginning.
> yes.
> maybe not too late to do so, at least for the configparser changes.
	Config and playtree are very much linked. But now I think it will
	be kicker to fix the remaing bugs than do this.

Also some problems don't come from my code such as vo driver gl,gl2 and aa wich
need a working uninit.
	Albeu