[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sat Jan 19 13:36:48 CET 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Gabucino wrote:

> It's the Question that drives us, Arpi :
> > compared divx4 and xvid, Gabu found that divx4 results more pixelized but
> > sharper images, xvid make it a bit blured.
> On another sample I found xvid to be very pixelized, and divx4 much nicer.
> http://mplayerhq.hu/~gabucino/test/xvid  *-02.avi

What were the encoding parameters?
I think it's because of a new method of MB-inter/intra decision that
turned out to be bad.

Could you please try again with

#define INTER_BIAS      150

set to 257 instead of 150 in line 86 of

core/src/encoder/mbmotionestcomp.c

I really hope that will make things better.

gruel

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 15 Tel. (0228) 73-4708 | nell erstellt und bedarf