[MPlayer-dev-eng] Is cache2 working?

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 10:23:23 CET 2002

I tried to play a stream from the network:
mms://216.106.173.150/cinnow1299/wm8/lucky_town_t_300k.asf
without prebuffering this is unwatchable, so I try to put the -cache 4
in mplayer command line and nothing happen.
I got the:
CACHE_PRE_INIT: 0 [0] 0  pre:0  eof:0
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)

but it stick like this for ever, I have to CTRL-C it to quit it
and mplayer tell me that both processes were in open_stream

I was wondering if was doing something wrong in my network
layer, but no, I gave a local file(not an URL) with the same cache option
and same thing happened.

Any ideas?

BTW, I want to automatically turn on the caching for network stream
when I can compute a cache_size value from the stream.
To do that I have to remove the static for the stream_cache_size variable,
is there a cleaner way to do that?

Bertrand