[MPlayer-dev-eng] DNET works, sync is off

Rik Snel rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 18 20:16:54 CET 2002

Hello Alex,

The sound in my southpark samples works now, thanks. I believe that there
is a problem with pts calculation. If I replace
dp->pts = timestamp/90000.0f by
dp->pts = timestamp/1000.0f in demux_real.c
then there are meaningful numbers on the status line (the number of
seconds for A, V and A-V make sense). However the video is approximately
a factor 2 too slow.
A:  10.0 V:   5.1 A-V:  4.9000 ct:  1.105  268/268   2%  2%  1.5% 0 0 0%

(so mplayer detects that there is desync, but it doesn't do anything about
it '-framedrop' doesn't make a difference, '-dapsync' works a little bit
better but it also lets A-V increase)

What could that be?

Greetings,

Rik.

--------
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.