[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch--- provides joystick support in mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 17 02:11:08 CET 2002

Hi,

> The definitions in input.h are completely different from the ones in
> keycodes.h.  Mplayer should not define things that are already defined in
> another fairly standard include file.  That is why I changed the definitions
> to MP_KEY_WHATEVER.  Changing the conflicting header would mean changing the
> standard linux kernel source include file....
> One should not need to modify their kernel source to be able to compile
> joystick support into mplayer.

read my mail again. i didn't say that modify kernel source...
i suggested a possible workaround (with #ifdefs)

anyway, keycodes.h is standard too, and it's even portable while linux's
include is linux-only :)
i won't change keycodes.h and all code using it, so try to fix it somehow.

> I did a grep -r for all files using those definitions and made all the
> necessary changes from KEY_UP to MP_KEY_UP, etc, etc.
>
> Redefining an already defined symbol is a bug.  I fixed it.

keycodes.h is actually older than kernel's input.h
so in fact, they redefining our symbols :)