[MPlayer-dev-eng] fbdev:vidix / vidix bug

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 15 17:50:30 CET 2002

Hi,

I tried out fbdev vidix and it fucked up my display device after finding no
vidix driver, so that I had to reboot the machine from a remote login
(couldn't switch back to X vterm or anything). Also killing mplayer process
and killing X and restarting it didn't help.
My sys is running 16Bit, 1024x768 vesa framebuffer.

I used (as root) mplayer -vo fbdev:vidix some_divx.avi. I told me that no
vidix device was found and then display was fucked up (I could see where it
stopped, but it won't update any further).

Things I did that far was compiling mplayer current-cvs with vidix and
installing libdha.so into /usr/lib/ and running ldconfig.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos