[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer without video

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Jan 14 10:07:40 CET 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:48:05 -0800
Bertrand Baudet <bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 13 January 2002 08:41 am, you wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:48:35 +0200 (CEST)
> >
> > Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > send it to the list. i'll see how messy is it.
> >
> > 	I don't feel it so messy, just a few if(sh_video) and a goto to jump
> > 	the whole video stuff and  it work that's all. I resend it because
> > 	there is a really big bug in the other one (buffer_len*bps to have a time
> > 	is somewhat stupid ). Bertrand with this patch a audio only asf stream
> > 	can be played but not in streaming mode :·(.
>
> Damn...  :(
> I will look at it and see what's going on.
> Thanks.
	Yesterday I look at this and I finnaly had success with audio only stream
	(but not all are working). The problem is in the demuxer, it assume to found
	first a video chunk. It was working with downloaded sample because
	it load chunk until eof and then pass on audio and work. What is needed
	is to do the ds_fill_buffer with video only if we found a video stream in
	the header wich is currentlly assumed and not checked. Look in demuxer.c
	the function wich open the demuxer I think it will be easyer to understand what
	I'm trying to explain ;·).
		Albeu