[MPlayer-dev-eng] ao_oss.c is lame ;)

David Holm dholm at iname.com
Sun Jan 13 22:52:20 CET 2002

Hi,
to whoever wrote ao_oss.c. Apparently this driver does not use the
available audio plugins to resample audio to the correct format. I
recently dropped the ao_dxr3 driver since we have now made the kernel
module fully oss compliant. But the em8300 only supports 44100Hz or
higher. Instead of upsampling sound ao_oss falls back to the default
mode for the dxr3 (48000Hz) and tries to play back samples without using
the proper upsampling. Resulting in terrible syncloss and audio playing
back too fast.
Can someone update ao_oss to use pl_resample when need be, or do I have
to do it?

//David Holm