[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Jan 13 03:18:34 CET 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Rick wrote:

> I have made a short little patch to allow easy use of the joy2key program
> with mplayer.  The joy2key program attaches to a joystick and outputs
> keystrokes as if they had actually come from the keyboard.  I have found that
> mlayer's implemenation of receiving input does not with with the output
> joy2key makes for the arrow keys.  This patch simply makes Y=up, G=left,
> H=right, and B=down.  I did not alter the existing tests for the actual arrow
> keys.

	Hmmmmm...joystick support in MPlayer? I'm starting to think that's
not such a bad idea. If we're going to add it, I think we should go all
the way and just put in native support. Joystick programming under Linux
is beyond simple.

	Anyone else want to chime in on this issue? Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson