[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD codec

Chris Bednar cjb at AdvancedDataSolutions.com
Sat Jan 12 19:21:57 CET 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
 [snip]
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 10:15:58AM -0600, Chris Bednar wrote:
 [snip]
> >     My snapshot must be different (it's up-to-date as I write this);
> > I didn't need to do that.  Just `cd core/build/generic && make -f Makefile.linux CC=gcc3`.
>
> Hey! You're always speaking about XviD tree, and Arpi about Mplayer tree :)

    Well, of course, that means I'm off-topic, but I think
we're on the same page now.

> >     I got sig11 on divx4-encoded avis until I commented out
> > 3 BSWAP's in core/src/decoder/bitreader.h. Then, I get no
> > image and `no vop_start_code' messages.
>
> Hmm, not little-endian safe?

    Well, it looks like it. I can't figure out why you would
need those BSWAP's on any platform, but I didn't read the
code carefully. I had the impression they were doing their
work on Intel, but of course, you never know what you'll
get after `cvs update -dP'.

> I'm (or I was) interested in XviD, but i saw no changes on the XviD site.

    There seems to be a lot of activity in the new opendivx/core
section (and rightly so) that's taking it in a nice direction,
but I think it's moving too fast to use it right now.

---- ``Windows: It does that sometimes.''  -mattdm
Chris J. Bednar
Director, Distributed Computing Product Group
http://AdvancedDataSolutions.com/