[MPlayer-dev-eng] VobSub subtitles

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Sat Jan 12 19:15:29 CET 2002

Attila Kinali writes:

> Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
>
>> Yes, the IFO is needed: it contains the palette that is to be used, as
>> well as the screen format (which could be read from the IDX).
>
> Ie it cant run w/o .ifo ? Or would it be possible with only the idx ?
> (sorry, dont know anything about vobsub)

Meaning that currently it can not.  But it could be possible to get
the missing informations from the .idx.  That is you'd have to insert
a line to describe the palette and the frame size.  But this has to be
coded...

> [Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 23241)]
> spudec_assemble (this=0x0, packet=0x8395530 "\005t\005U", len=1396,
>     pts100=1151) at spudec.c:289
[...]
> Looks like a missing check if vob->spudec !=0 in vobsub.c

Right, I'll commit a fix soon.

> Btw: can someone tell me why gdb cant find "spu" above, but "this" ?

That's because of the optimizer: gcc realized that this and spu are
both the same so it forgot everything about spu.  Also note that using
this as a variable name is a bad idea because gdb will try to use it
in the C++ meaning which will not work.  I have now changed my habits
and do not use this name anymore (sorry for using it in spudec!)

Kim Minh.