[MPlayer-dev-eng] latest CVS

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Sat Jan 12 17:31:22 CET 2002

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 05:27:05PM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> It's the Question that drives us, Nick Kurshev :
> > > No way :) I have LFS because it contains only the stuff I want and need.
> > > gawk is not one of them.
> > Do you need vidix?
> I dunno :) probably yes? :)
>

> > 3 month ago sources of mplayer could be fit into floppy.
> > But now it requires HDD.
> Serious disadvantage. :)
>

> > SED and AWK are for the same goals.
> But if awk can be used, we shouldn't use gawk.

The only problem is: on Arpi's system (Slackware) awk is a symlink for gawk,
on my system it's a symlink for mawk, and noone (?) tested it with the
original(?)-awk. Btw, it worked with gawk,mawk, it could work with awk, so
change it (btw, read my standpoint about is_awk_needed in my previous mail)

alex