[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD codec

Chris Bednar cjb at AdvancedDataSolutions.com
Sat Jan 12 17:15:58 CET 2002

> Hi,

    Hi

  [snip]
> after editing config.mak (remove -ldivxencore and -ldivxdecore, and insert
> /path/to/xvid/build/libcore.a) i got it compile.

    My snapshot must be different (it's up-to-date as I write this);
I didn't need to do that.  Just `cd core/build/generic && make -f Makefile.linux CC=gcc3`.

> playing back divx4-encoded avi with xvid: no image, and 'no
> vop_start_code' messages.

    I got sig11 on divx4-encoded avis until I commented out
3 BSWAP's in core/src/decoder/bitreader.h. Then, I get no
image and `no vop_start_code' messages.

    A glance at core/src/decoder/bitreader.c shows a lot
of TODO notes; it looks pretty unimplemented. The code is
cleary better organized than the old stuff, but it just
isn't ready yet.

    I'm getting the impression that nobody is interested in my
proposal, so I'll make it again, just for fun: I have the older
decore/encore2 stuff patched up so it works OK with mplayer,
and have some minimal brightness-control code working. The
work necessary to make it functional on at least a few platforms
is really minimal, and then mplayer could just sit on that until
the new code is ready.

    That's what my mplayer will do, anyway...

---- ``Windows: It does that sometimes.''  -mattdm
Chris J. Bednar
Director, Distributed Computing Product Group
http://AdvancedDataSolutions.com/