[MPlayer-dev-eng] latest CVS

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Jan 12 15:37:10 CET 2002

Hello, Gabucino!

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:28:23 +0100 you wrote:

> It's the Question that drives us, Bohdan Horst :
> > maybe gawk should be detected by configure (and mention, that it is
> > required for compile) ?
> We shouldn't require gawk for compiling.

Maybe we shouldn't require file and text utils for compiling too?
Do you have Linux (or FreeBSD) from scratch?
gawk is very little utiliy which is ported on lots of operating systems
it produces approx 1MB of C header and sources from 200Kb database.
gawk existed alway on *nix system so why we shouldn't require that?
> --
> Gabucino

Best regards! Nick