[MPlayer-dev-eng] VobSub subtitles

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Thu Jan 10 22:54:09 CET 2002

It's the Question that drives us, Attila Kinali :
> Can't open IFO file: No such file or directory
And I don't have .idx :)
Exactly what are these files?

> vobsub: ignoring custom colors: OFF, tridx: 1000, colors: e3e1e2, dad8d9, d58118, 110f10
> vobsub: ignoring langidx: 0
> [vobsub] subtitle (vobsubid): 0 language en
How do you get outputs like this? I don't get them even with -v

Also, the subtitles (mine, at least - the sample from mphq) are very bright.
With the patch, the background was dark instead ;) Guess it can't be helped..
But one more thing: MPlayer stops for ~0.5 seconds before displaying
the subtitle.. Weird. (it didn't occur with the patch)

> another remark: i first started mplayer with -vobsub x.sub (assuming that it
> needs the file directly) to find out that i only have to pass the basename.
> Maybe it would be a good idea to try to cut off the "extension" if there is
> not .ifo .idx found.
Yes, it should be more intelligent. And -vobsubid really should assume some
default.

--
Gabucino