[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Jan 9 17:02:32 CET 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 04:36:46PM +0100, Szabolcs Berecz wrote:
> mplayer draws the fonts in that size, with and without scaling.
> I hadn't checked the font format, so I don't know how would it
> look like.
> if you think it would be good, then add it to the TODO list, and
> I will do it later, when I will have time.

Nice, but imho resizing should be done on font loading time, to avoid
wasted CPU power during each sub drawing process. Also, maybe we can implement
setting font size ON run-time by calling font-set resizer function on resizing
request. The only important opinion from me is to do resizing all signs at
once and not at displaying for each sub/OSD sign.

- Gabor