[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] vo_directfb.c and cz language file

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 8 13:11:25 CET 2002

Hi,

> I've seen NAS uses simple pthread primitives (mutex join).  So, I guess
> it's OK to do pthread stuff within a ao/vo module ?  Won't it be
> problematic if NAS+directfb are used at the same time?

I never tried NAS, but i'm sure pthread will cause trouble.
mplayer optionally runs in 1, 2 or 3 processes using fork() (one extra for gui
and one extra for -cache).
besides it, the win32 stuff allow using pthread, if the codec uses the
windows thread functions (it's a wrapper to pthread). i don't know which
codecs use it, but it needs pthread to be linked.
and, afaik, sdl internally uses pthread for its buffering stuff.

so, some pthread experts should explain what conditions are required to safe
usage of fork() and multiple pthread() stuff.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu