[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sequence list

Panagiotis Issaris takis at lumumba.luc.ac.be
Sat Jan 5 18:40:31 CET 2002

Hi all,

NuppelVideo supports something I find very handy called ``edit files''.
The NuppelVideo package includes an editor which can be used to mark
start and end positions of sequences. These sequences are saved to
an ASCII file named originalfile.nuv.edit. The NuppelVideo player and
the NuppelVideo to DivX transcoder use this file to determine what
sequences to cut out of the video stream. The file just contains couples
of references to the stream.

F.e.
100 200
434 34304
Which would mean skip frames 100 to 200 and frames 434 till 34304.

This gives you a very easy method for removing commercials from movies
and for cropping the stream: I record musicvideos alot, and tend to start
recording just before the new song starts, till just after it ends. By
using such an editfile I can then remove the unwanted pieces at the
beginning and at the end of the recorded video.

I'm currently writting seeking support for NuppelVideo, which is actually
done except for some codecleanup, but I wanted to support the NuppelVideo
edit files as well. The problem I have is that I dont know how to access
the filename from within the demuxer. For the moment I'm implementing
it using a fixed filename f.e. 'the_index.edit'.

Now, I think this ``editfile'' system would be handy for*any* fileformat.
Is anyone else interested in this feature?

We could even easily turn mplayer into such a clipping editor by assigning
two keys to mark beginnings and endings, and write those values to some file.
While playing a video, you could then easily edit your sourcevideo before
transcoding it.

             With friendly regards,
                         Takis
--
  .-.                         | lumumba.luc.ac.be/takis/takis_public_key.txt
  /v\    L   I   N   U   X    | panagiotis.issaris at advalvas.be
 // \\  >Phear the Penguin<   | ICQ: 12764288
/(   )\
 ^^-^^