[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH: large (.mov) files

Chris Bednar cjb at AdvancedDataSolutions.com
Fri Jan 4 20:32:38 CET 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> Can you send me some verbose logs from mplayer?
> (are you still testing with quicktime files?)

     I can, and I am. By the way, I'm doing something
weird: digitizing some old videos with iMovie on MacOSX,
and then exporting them to h263 and divx-encoding them
with MPlayer (which is shockingly fast for this). I've
noticed another bug (probably in ffmpeg) which causes
strangely interlaced video for resolutions other than
320x240, but that's another bug for another day...

Anyway, the log is

  <ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/mplayer-0.60-bigmov.log.bz2>

which probably won't be very helpful. In short, it
reports nothing interesting:

]  MPlayer 0.60-3.0.2 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)
]    <snip>
]  CommandLine: 'test.mov' '-v' '-v' '-v' '-v' '-v'
]    <snip>
]  Not an URL!
]  File size is 4982643424 bytes
]  s->pos=0  newpos=0  new_bufpos=0  buflen=0
]  Checking for YUV4MPEG2
]  Failed: YUV4MPEG2
]  ASF_check: not ASF guid!
]  Checking for NuppelVideo
]  Checking for MOV
]  Checking for VIVO

and at this point, it's already gone wrong. I doubt that the
errors that show up after this are useful.

    Probably need to add a little more explicit messaging in
libmpdemux/stream.* and see what comes out, but I won't have
time to do that until tonight. I don't think this would take
me more than an hour to fix, and I imagine it could be tough
to do without a giant .mov on hand. I think the problem really
comes out because of the way QT likes to put a ``header'' at
the end of the file...

---- ``Windows: It does that sometimes.''  -mattdm
Chris J. Bednar
Director, Distributed Computing Product Group
http://AdvancedDataSolutions.com/