[MPlayer-dev-eng] ADPCM Document

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Fri Jan 4 18:38:40 CET 2002

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 07:10:39PM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 10:35:38AM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm, i did not found documents about RM files :)
> >
> > 	The RealMedia file format is published in their
> > freely-downloadable SDK (There's some RM SDK on the MPlayer FTP site under
> > MPlayer/doc-tech/rm). The file I've looked at is called rmff.htm. If you
> > can't get ahold of it, let me know and I'll send it.
>
> Thank you! I searched my copy of the sdk, witth no success.

Finally looked the documentation and updated some missing parts in my
demuxer code. RMFF is describing the used chunks, BUT, in the MDPR chunk
(media properties == stream header) it's only mentioning an item
called 'type_specific_data', it's not described...and it's containing
video/audio specific stream header, so, if you wan't, i can write a
documentation about them.

> > --
> > 	-Mike Melanson

alex