[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio Codec Trivia

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Jan 4 00:42:34 CET 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Gabucino wrote:

> It's the Question that drives us, Mike Melanson :
> > Truemotion v2.0 codec that MPlayer supports via Win32. They have had a few
> No it doesn't. AFAIK it never did support. Tried now (with a Final Fantasy 7
> movie) :

	This makes sense, since I didn't give you the whole story. Here's
the scoop as Dan related it:

"we are indeed 'sons of Duck', it's basically the same company.  As for
TrueMotion, there were in fact three versions of note - we call them TM1
(that's the Saturn version), TM2 (licensed to Microsoft and a few game
developers, notably SquareSoft for FF7), and TM2X, which was used in some
games on the Sega Dreamcast as well as a few PC apps."

So it stands to reason that the tm20.dll (or whatever) won't play the FF7
files. But he's looking into getting us some Win32 DLLs.

--
	-Mike Melanson