[MPlayer-dev-eng] Variable-Length Audio Chunks

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Jan 1 19:47:11 CET 2002

Hi team,
	I'm working on yet another ADPCM format today (there are a bunch
of them floating around). This one has data stored in blocks of 0x200
bytes. However, a particular AVI audio chunk will have 7 or 8 of them
together, for a chunk size of 0xE00 or 0x1000 bytes. How do I go about
initializing a buffer for this? Typically, my audio decoders have always
banked on all of the audio chunks being the same length. Do I want to try
to determine the maximum length from one of MPlayer's data structures and
initialize for that? Or can I load and decode the 0x200-byte blocks
individually and dispatch them each to MPlayer somehow when each is
finished?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson