[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder checking for free space

Robos robos at geekmail.de
Tue Jan 1 15:54:26 CET 2002

Hi Folks!
Yesterday I wanted to encode something with a rather old copy of
mencoder. It started up fine and worked fine. Except for the fact that
it couldn't produce any output since the hard drive was full...(I
detached it with nohup so I didn't see any output if there was
some). So what do you guys think of mencoder checking first if enough
free space is on the destination drive and otherwise warning the user?
It's kinda stupid if you encode something for several hours and then
learn that the very end is missing since you ran out of space...
I recently did something like this in my program vobcopy so if you
like this idea and nobody thinks he can do it faster than me (which
probably anybody could since I'm a newbie programmer) I'm gonna give
it a shot (if something like this isn't already in mencoder. Can't
check since my machine is busy encoding something right now)
Robos