[MPlayer-dev-eng] Correctly Printing FOURCCs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Feb 28 21:40:50 CET 2002

Hi,

> D Richard Felker III didn't RTFM :
> > to the idiots making this brain damaged stuff, so that it gets fixed,
> > rather that letting gcc/glibc turn into an even bigger mess of
> > standards abuse than it already is.
> MPlayer is second place after linux kernel, so let's dictate standards ;)

ehh.
we're not so dictatoric, but we didn't accepted any of those "standards" out
there. the most important of these were OMS and XMMP. none of these projects
is alive nowdays... today there is gstreamer, but it's too simple and
highlevel, so it won't allow performance tricks. and it's specific to gnome.

anyway mplayer is a static monolitic program, so we don't rely on other
plugin standards (yet).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team