[MPlayer-dev-eng] DECODING AHEAD - (new solution)

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Thu Feb 28 09:23:09 CET 2002

Hello!

I've tried to implement following trick:

#!/bin/sh
cat $1 | mencoder -vc ffdivx -ovc raw -oac copy -ffourcc mjpeg - | mplayer -vo x11 -fs -zoom -

to solve subj.

But it seems that mencoder is buggy!
For ovc raw it writes rawyv12 output but marks it as RGB24 stream.
And I still didn't get picture on screen, although if I execute:
mencoder -vc ffdivx -ovc raw -oac copy -ffourcc mjpeg $1 >out.avi
and try playback resulting file with:
mplayer -vo x11 -fs -zoom - <out.avi
then there exists some ugly picture on screen.

What wrong do I have configured?
Any ideas, please!

Indeed this train should solve even 3 problems:
cat - read ahead
mencoder - decode ahead
This command line makes mplayer ready for multiprocessor systems!

There is only one lack:
cpu is always loaded on 100% due write(stdout,.. stalls in mencoder
but it's less problem than frame dropping.

I'm not sure but maybe in the future it woul be possible to implement
some interoperability through sockets (I'm not guru in socket programming ;)
and shared memory to effectively using fastmemcpy instead of
file reading/writing.

Best regards! Nick