[MPlayer-dev-eng] memory corruption with new input?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Feb 24 22:19:03 CET 2002

Hi Felix Buenemann,

on Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:48:15 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think there are some bugs with memory allocation in new input code, when
> running mplayer through gdb I noticed that eg. subtitles weren't displayed
> and a-v was out of sync because the ct-variable was corrupted (showed nan in
> printf line), as soon as I compiled with --disable-new-input it worked
> correctly again.
>
> Also I got mplayer crashed when doing various very fast keypresses (seek,
> switch win/fullscreen/double).
> Here are two sample not too usefull gdb backtraces:
Not too useful :) but I got simmilar crash because of bugs in the x11 code.
And imho in this case (ie memory corruption) just disabeling a part of the
code don't say too much because, then the executed code is different
and the memory corruption can still exist but beeing unoticable.
Anyway I can't get such bug since I fixed the x11 stuff.

	Albeu